Do’s and Don’ts for decorating your home while it is on the market during the Holidays.
* White lights always look great and are in style. Accent along roof lines and/or corners of your home. It is something simple that makes a home look classy. Families are driving around or visiting relatives during the holidays and will notice your home over others.
* Decorate with complimentary colors. White, gold, silver go well with cool colors palettes of interiors. Red and green, and silver and gold, go well with earth tones.
* Holiday decorations are a great way to spruce up your living space Put out a bowl of ornaments or pine cones with some glitter sprinkled over them, a green fresh wreath, or a simple garland to give your home a “wow” factor. You can also check pinterest, Better Homes and Gardens, diy.com or marthastewart.com for some great ideas.
* Don’t put large inflatable decorations on your front lawn. The one’s where they remain uplifted by air will not look good if they are not inflated, so avoid them if your home is on the market.
* Don’t overdo the decorations and make your home look cluttered. This may hide the best aspects of your home. Decorate the fireplace mantel if you have one with some garland and avoid hanging personalized stockings. Make sure your tree is not too large for the room.
Wishing you a wonderful, safe Holiday Season!